Posted in Jewish Studies, Jewish Studies Reading

Reading Recordings for Nov 25-29 (and this time the kids record as well…)

We are continuing to read the “EE vowel” –  חיריק

This week I would like to begin having the students record themselves reading at home. We already did it in class, so they know what is required of them.

The idea behind it is that  each student can see his/her own growth throughout the year.

This does not need to be during the reading of the homework itself. It can be done during the weekend.

I would like them to record themselves at least twice a month (if they choose to do so more often, they are welcome to it).

For now, I created a space in Flipgrid for this and will provide a new link each month. 

For this last week of November please record in 1A or 1B depending on the class you are in. For the less Tech savvy amongst us, if you click on the 1A or 1B above it would take you to the Flipgrid.

Once in the students need to input their ID:  Alef.??? (???=Name).

Then students record and when done they take a selfie, or a photo of something else, add some fun emoji’s and send to me (the little spaceship).

You can assist your child by doing the filming for them – If you do, please make sure I see how they follow the words with their finger or with another tool that helps them (e.g, the ‘paper window’ I recommended a number of you). 

Please make sure they say the page number and read a few lines. I allow up to 1.5 minutes of reading at this assignment. It is a quick intake of how they are doing at the moment.

Here are this weeks recordings:

Monday – p.9 Fee & Pee

Tuesday – p.10 Hee & See

Wednesday – p.11 Vee

Thursday – p.12 Zee & Chee