As the candles in your hanukiah burn bright, please take some time to listen to your child read their assigned book. I want to wish you all a wonderful Chanukah filled with love and laughter.
- Remember to use the reading strategies as a tool when completing the reading homework.
- Please sign the reading log (in their grey take-home folder) each night (this lets me know the homework was completed) and your child will receive a stamp or sticker the following day. Online students received a PDF of their book and they too will receive a sticker each time the log is filled out. It is posted on Classkick. At the end of this month, the students are required to record themselves reading 1 book from their assigned homework on Classkick.
Extra support below if needed:
- Hear all 72 of the basic phonograms
- Click on this video to see how we review short vowel sounds with our students. Here are the cards we use to help with b/d confusion and short vowel sounds.
- Click here to learn more about Teach Your Monster to Read (optional work).
- Click here for the first sight word game (unplugged).
- Click here for the second sight word game (unplugged).
- Click here for the third sight word game (unplugged).