OJCS Reading Challenge 2019-2020
The OJCS Reading Challenge is back, but this year bigger and better!
Our Grade 1 classroom goal is to read 300 books by the end of May. In order for your child to get class book tallies towards our goal, each student must complete a book review. When we achieve our goal, we will be eligible for one of the following prizes listed below.
The prizes this year will be;
- an end-of-year book-based film screening or book-themed dress-up party in each classroom that meets their goals. The library will provide each class with popcorn and candy treats.
- Middle school will once again compete for an escape room to create an added incentive.
- Small prizes will be given out to each student who gets a Bingo on the genre bingo sheet that goes with the challenge.
For grades K-4 choose the methods that work best for your child:
- Reviewing the book on the library catalogue https://theojcs.booksys.net/opac/ojcs/index.html#menuHome
- A flipgrid book review. The grid is flipgrid.com/ojcsreadingchallenge
The book review must contain the following:
- Tell us the title and author of your book.
- Include a short description of your favourite part.
- How many stars would you give it?
- Would you recommend it to a friend?
We have been participating in this challenge since November. These book reviews can be done at home or at school. I wanted to make this information available to you in case your child would like to add a book review from the comfort of their home.