On Tuesday, June 22nd, OJCS will be hosting Popsicles, Pals and Pick-ups. It is a chance to spend some quality time together while adhering to distancing guidelines. At 9:00 1A will meet at the blue play structure and 1B will meet at the side of the school (Picnic Table area facing JCC). Each group will spend half an hour either playing on the play structure or eating popsicles and signing yearbooks, then switch.
Please read the important instructions below:
- As directed by the province of Ontario, all parents in Grade One who plan to stay must complete the Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Screening Tool and ALL students attending will need to use the Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Screening Tool before arriving;
- No additional guests or siblings may attend the cohorted events;
- Parents of students can drop-off their child(ren) as the events will be heavily supervised;
- As is mandated by the provincial regulations, masks will be worn when children are not snacking;
- Hand sanitizer will be made available;
- This is a wonderful opportunity to return any items that belong to the school (i.e. library books, textbooks, novels, materials, etc…).
- Your child’s belongings will be ready for pick-up while you are on campus from the gym door facing the OJCS parking lot. Volunteers will bring your child’s items to you.
We understand attending these Goodbye events could be challenging for some families for a variety of reasons. Please know we have been guided by Ministry guidelines regarding Health and Safety and a day-event ensures enough supervision to meet these requirements. Let us know if you require a different pickup time and we’ll be happy to make an arrangement outside of school hours.
Excited to see you on Tuesday, June 22nd!!!
We are currently working on Neighborhood vocabulary in French and the students will be creating a map of their neighborhoods throughout this week. They will be presenting it in French (with me) and in English (with Morah Ann Lynn) next week. The places must be labeled in French, and they have the choice to either draw them or use the attached document and cut/glue. Reminder to leave space for a title “Ma Communauté / My Community”, a legend on the side (Légende) and a compass rose (N/S/E/W).
We will be working on this during French class, so do not feel the need to do this for homework 🙂 (Although you can help them out with the drawings a bit if you would like)
Tomorrow we will be celebrating Yom Ha’atzmaut. The day will be filled with RUACH and special activities. Take a peek at what’s been added to the schedule. Please wear blue and white tomorrow. You can add blue and white ribbons to your hair or add a flag to your cheeks with face paint. Be creative and show us RUACH!!
Hope everyone had a lovely Passover holiday!
The following is the homework for this week :
1.Choose a book on our Daily 5 Choice Board.
2. Click on the Classkick link in the Read to Self section
3. Go to the Reading Log and have your child record themselves reading their book. They just click on the microphone icon to start recording and click again to stop recording.
4. If your child has done this already for the month of March they can work on IXL subtraction builders located on the Daily 3 Choice Board. Otherwise, complete one from the list G.1-G.10 Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Innovation Day is on Wednesday. Please note the change in the program, 1A presentations have been moved to 11:15. 1B presentations remain the same. Please bring any extra recyclables in on Monday.
Your child’s math homework is on our Daily 3 Choice Board. They need to complete one of the IXL assigned tasks located in the Math by Myself section or take photos of 3-D shapes in their home and add them to Classkick. Link and code are on the choice board. Please remember to have them read Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and sign their reading log on Classkick TTBJUD on Thursday for the week.
Innovation Day is happening on March 24th. We are beginning to brainstorm what materials the students will need to start collecting in order to build their strong, stable structure. Please help us by saving recyclables (boxes, toilet paper rolls and egg cartons etc…) Thank-you to those of you who have started sending in materials to build with! Interested in finding out more about this science project? Please read the task description below.
Your child’s reading assignment is on our Daily 5 Choice Board. They can read it online or print a copy. Please remember to have them read Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and sign their reading log on Classkick TTBJUD.
Innovation Day is happening on March 24th. We are beginning to brainstorm what materials the students will need to start collecting in order to build their strong, stable structure. Please help us by saving recyclables (boxes, toilet paper rolls and egg cartons etc…) Interested in finding out more about this science project? Please read the task description below.
Your child’s reading assignment is on our Daily 5 Choice Board . They can read it online or print a copy. Please remember to have them read Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and sign their reading log on Classkick TTBJUD.
This week I have added the Classkick reading log to the Daily 5 Choice Board to make things even easier. Please remember to sign it each time your child reads. They can navigate Classkick like pros and make the page ready for your signature by typing in the name of their book and the date. All you need to do is sign it. Once I see the signature, I can then add a sticker to the log. Thank-you for your ongoing patience and together as a team we will support your child on their learning journey.
This week’s assigned reading material can be found on our Daily 5 choice board. Refer to Sunday’s email to verify what reading group your child is currently in and click on that colour group to view and print their book. Remember to have your child record this book on their Classkick’s reading log TTBJUD on Thursday. It is important that they read their book three times before recording.