Here are a few videos, games, apps and anchor charts to help with supporting your child at home. I have reposted some of the items from my first homework blog post and also added new videos, anchor charts and activities.
Extra support for Language Arts below if needed:
- Click on this video to see how we review short vowel sounds with our students. Here are the cards we use to help with b/d confusion and short vowel sounds.
- Teach Your Monster to Read Sign in information will be attached to note totes.
- First sight word game (unplugged).
- Second sight word game (unplugged).
- Third sight word game (unplugged).
- Silent e gameboard
- Click on this video to review the correct way to hold a pencil.
Handwriting Without Tears letter and number formation.
Letter placement anchor chart.
Extra support for Math below if needed:
- Click on this video to see various addition strategies introduced in class.
- Click on this video to see various subtraction strategies introduced in class. I have not yet introduced Touch Math.
- Click on this video to see what the students have learned about place value. If they need more practise they can redo these Place Value activity sheets.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me. firstname.lastname@example.org