OJCS VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!
You can order books through this link and they will be shipped directly to your home (free shipping for orders over $35).
- There is a new book assigned for this week. Please have your child read M-W (book located in grey folder).
- Remember to use the reading strategies as a tool when completing the reading homework.
- Please sign the reading log (in their grey take-home folder) each night (this lets me know the homework was completed) and your child will receive a stamp or sticker the following day. Online students received a PDF of their book and they too will receive a sticker each time the log is filled out. It is posted on Classkick. At the end of each month, the students are required to record themselves reading 1 book from their assigned homework on Classkick.
- There is a list of 12 high frequency words (in their grey take-home folder) for your child to learn to read. Only do a few each night. When they can read the whole list a new one will be issued.
- The IXL program will be the math homework for Thursday. Log-in information is in their grey folders. Click on Learning and the assigned work.
Extra support below if needed:
- Click on this video to see how we review short vowel sounds with our students. Here are the cards we use to help with b/d confusion and short vowel sounds.
- Click here to learn more about Teach Your Monster to Read (optional work).
- Click here for the first sight word game (unplugged).
- Click here for the second sight word game (unplugged).
- Click here for the third sight word game (unplugged).