אָבִיב הִגִיעַ פֶּסַח בָּא
I am always searching for new ways to get my students speaking (Hebrew of course) in class. These days I am participating in a digital pedagogy course to increase student proficiency in exactly that – speaking Hebrew. This week I was introduced to the use of WordArt as a fun way to review/introduce vocabulary and encourage discussion. The idea of Word clouds/art is not new to me; however, in the past I used it more as a decorative tool at end of units, to show the vocabulary we learnt. This time it is used as a review tool and a conversation starter.
We will begin by looking at the shape (see bellow):
- What is it?
- What is it made out of?
At this point I will show them that when you put the cursor on a word it expands to help find the words… go ahead try it… 😉
- What words do you see/recognize? etc…
- Lets think of the 4 names of Passover that we learned this week.. Each name is made of two words:
- Can you find them?
- What word repeats itself in every name?
- What other words do you see?
- Which of the four names do they suit best?
- Can you also find words to build a sentence from a song we learned?
In class, this will all be done in Hebrew of course, working on use of learned vocabulary and use of (simple) full sentences. I am looking forward to seeing how this will work….