Posted in 1A, 1B, General Studies

General Studies Homework!

I am SHOCKED at how excited the grade 1’s were today when they heard homework would be starting!

For general studies homework, we decided to go with a bingo board for each month. The bingo board has a variety of different activities that all target different concepts or topics that we are learning about in class. Students have all been sent home with a login card with their password and username for both Raz-Kids and IXL. For the choice board, students are challenged to complete at least ONE activity per week and they will keep this homework choice board for the month. Students are encouraged to make a “BINGO” line by the end of the month with their homework. The goal is one activity a week but students are welcome to do as many activities as possible. If you have any questions about the choice board please email your child’s general studies teacher and we would be happy to help! I know a few parents have asked to have some hard copy versions of the homework (for example, having a reading book rather than using the raz kids program) that can be arranged as well or anything can be printed from ClassKick or from the bingo board itself.

November Homework Board

RAZ-KIDS: in Grade 1 we are using Raz-Kids to help with reading at home and at school. It is a fantastic program that can be individualized for each student according to their individual learning needs and learning goals. I have created a quick video just showing how to use Raz-Kids at home to help ease any confusion.

IXL: IXL is the online math platform that we use at the school. This is also individualized for the students and the grades. The activities that are on IXL are the same activities and concepts that we learn in class so it helps to reinforce learning. I created a video to help explain how to use IXL at home as well.

I hope this helps answer any questions around the general studies homework. If you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know!